Hey guys, I am not going to lie, I am kinda bored with the thought of blogging but I feel the need to do it because it is kinda a journal of my life in some ways. I honestly thought I would have a little more time on my hands to come up with fun blogs and pictures. It turns out that these stay at home moms do a lot of work. Maybe now that the holidays are over and we are headed into some cold days, I will make more time.
Anyway, Christmas was good this year, I would say one of the better Christmas's I have had ever. What was the difference, you ask? Less gifts, more just enjoying my family and all the fun Christmas traditions. I kept hearing so many people say "I have so much to do, I have not even started shopping yet.......". My response was "mmm, I'm done!" That is right, got a few little things for Hutchy, even found some on craigslist. Did one homemade gift for Brett along with some shirts and well Abe.... he got lots of wrapping paper and tape. I was blessed to get some wonderful gifts from others and my kids have all kinds of fun things to play with from grandparents but it would have been just as much fun with an even more simple Christmas.
I think my top 5 things about this Christmas were:
- Christmas Eve with the family. We missed the Christmas eve service because of poor planning on my part and ended up going to Jimmy Johns for dinner and being the only people there. We then went home, got the kids in the bath and turned on the fireplace. it was not as we planned at all but kinda magical to all be together at home. The boys smelled so good and were so warm and snuggly, I loved it!
- Watching Hutch get so excited for each gift. I kinda thought it would be overload for him but he did great and I felt like he was so thankful for each thing.
- Snuggling with my sweet Abe in his jammies on Christmas morning. I often want to be more like Abram, I love his childlike heart, life is so simple for this little guy. Oh those cheeks!!!
- Watching my family members snarf down several dozens of cookies I made. I love cooking when others enjoy it so much. I am not sure how many total peanut butter balls I made but they were a hit!!! I love standard white trash cookies like that. Forget my Martha Stewart cookbook when I have Better Homes and Gardens!!!
- Making homemade scarfs for a couple of my family members. I made them from Brett's old undershirts and some Rit dye. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. Talk about being thrifty!!
Well, there you have it. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and if you wished it would have been a little more relaxing. Don't spend so much money and time shopping for all those people because you feel like you have to. Don't go to the mall, just find fun things in your own home to share with others.