8.09.2007

Old timer


Yesterday I stopped at Walgreen's on my way to work to pick up a card for my dear friend Kim (Happy Birthday Sister!!!, I love ya)

Anyway, I was shopping about when an old man, I would say in his 80's pulled a large case of bottled water off the shelf. Because he was old and he was lifting a heavy item I turned to look at him to be sure he didn't need any help. He handled it like a pro and put it in his cart. Then he noticed that I was staring at him so he said "You know, it won't be long before all the water turns into poison". I thought for a second and wondered what the crap he was talking about and instead of just saying "yep" and walk away I said "Oh yeah, and why is that" He then said to me, "Have you read Revelation chapter 8?" I answered "MMM, no I will have to read that." The old man said "Yes, in chapter 8 you will see why, you will see". I was like what the crap!!!!
So, I got to work and looked up Revelation chapter 8 on my computer and this is what I found:
1When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.
3Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 4The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand. 5Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.
The Trumpets 6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"
Now, I am not bible quiz champion but does this make sense to anyone???? Crazy old man.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read that whole thing for nothinig?!!!

vwiese said...

I know, that is the point, non of it makes sense, I read the whole thing for nothing too ;)

kjl said...

You should read the Left Behind series....it's a fictional but interesting account of what might happen in the end times, so it's kind of an interpretation of the whole book of Revelation in some sense!!

Thanks for the shout out on the blog AND for the card and all the candy! Sorry I didn't send you a thank you yesterday--it was a crazy day! You rock!!!

mattksnyder said...

Revelations can be hard to understand. This website does a good job of explaining scripture found in Revelations.
http://www.rapturealert.com/revelation8and9kelley.html