1.14.2009

I heart Friday Nights

Friday Night Lights that is! This is my favorite show and I have been waiting way too long for the season premier which is this friday night on NBC. My obession for this show started last season but since then I have gone back and purchased the first season and have watched it and loved every minute of it.
I love this show for so many reasons but I would have to say my top three:

1.) I love the small town feel of the show, it reminds me a lot of how I grew up and what football season was like in a small town.

2.) I love the relationship of the Coach and his wife. I love the way they talk to eachother and how they are such a team when it comes to their home life and in work. I have actually requested that Brett talk to me how Coach talks to his wife. You will just have to watch the show to see what I mean by that.

3.) I love the team aspect of this show, I have always thought that a team of young boys that bond over a sport is so cool. Hopefully our son wants to play football and I can watch him bond with his team and beat some people up in the process. I also just love how everyone respects the Coach and how Coach is like a father to so many of these boys.

One more thing I love about the show that I have to mention is the character Tim Riggins. I have a minor crush on this character, ok, who am I kidding, I have a serious crush on him to the point where I kinda want to name our first born Riggins. Maybe Riggs for short? Any takers? Here is a picture if you need to know how cute he is:

My old roommates brother out in LA also loves Friday Night Lights, he has much better reasons for loving the show than just having a crush on Riggins and loving the drama.
Happy Watching!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to watch the show I guess!

clark eddy said...

thank you for this post vikkie.

kjl said...

My brother is a huge fan of this show too and always tells me we would love it. I just don't take the time watch much TV!

Anonymous said...

i am damn proud of you for writing this post...damn proud.

vwiese said...

Coach, thank you for talking to me like that!! I LOVE IT!! Brett, that is you right???

Allison said...

We need to have a FNL party and invite as many people as possible... We need to save this show, vik!

Kara said...

Never seen Lights but it sounds good but I can't get into another show- that's just another hour "blown away". I would like to see some pics of the baby's room!!!! :-) hint hint!