5.08.2007

Gearing up



Well, I am not sure what I have gotten myself into but I registered today to do the 3-day walk for breast cancer, which is walking 60 miles over a three-day weekend. The good thing is at least we get to walk and not run but I have a feeling we will be power walking it since the friend I am going with loves to beat everyone even when it is not a race, hee hee. Just kidding Kim. I have to say I am a little nervous about getting blisters and smelling lots of B.O. since we are camping the whole time and I am sure showers are optional since it is like a portable shower in semi’s. There are lots of things that I think will be challenging but it should be a great experience and it is for a wonderful cause. If any of you would like to join our team and fly to sunny San Diego with us in November feel free to sign up!

So many of you have already given money to support me and I can’t thank you enough. If you are interested in helping me raise the money I need to raise in order to do the 3-day walk, I would truly be grateful. Here is the link to my personal page where you can give. Thank you all so much and let the training begin!


1 comment:

kjl said...

Yeah for Vikkie, the rock star fundraiser! :)

Don't worry about the b.o. too much--showers are DEFINITELY not optional. Those portable shower trucks are awesome.

I can't thank you enough for doing this with me, Vikk! I promise we'll have a great time!