5.17.2007

Walking the Hill





I can’t believe it has been four years since I have graduated from college, I still try to use my KUID to get discounts and sometimes I feel like I could walk on campus again and nobody would be able to tell that I was not a student. MMMM, pretty sure my “none hip” clothes would give me away. I guess I could always go get a minnie skirt, some burks, and tights and pull it off, what do you think?



Anyway, this Sunday my baby sister, Callie, is going to walk the hill. This will be the last of the Strahm girls that will walk the hill and I am so proud ;) I am sure my dad is too. Callie is the baby of five kids and it is hard to think about her getting a job and being on her own. It actually makes me a little sick to my stomach that she is all grown up. I have so many memories of her singing in the car with me, slumber parties, NYC trip and just hanging out on the farm. She is one of my best friends and I can’t love on her enough! Apparently other people can’t love her enough either. I am planning a celebration picnic for Sunday, there are going to be 55 people there!!! Holy crap, they are all coming from out of town too, I think it just goes to show that people love her as much as I do and they would drive two hours to congratulate her and hopefully give her some cash ;)

Just a few words before I start crying ;)
Callie, I love you so much and I am so proud of you for working hard and getting your degree. You really are such a blessing in my life and I can’t imagine life with out you. You have the greatest heart, you are always up for an adventure and I feel like I can really learn so much from you. I pray that you will find a great job, find a hottie husband and have one stinking good life!! You deserve it! Love you.

CONGRATS CALLIE!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vikkie for such kind words. You have met just as much to me as i have you. I look up to you in every way, your Faith in God, your love for helping people, your relationships you have, and the list goes on and on. Thanks for being my big sis, i couldn't have asked for better.
Love ya!!!