9.10.2007

Belated Post


Hey,

this has been a post that I have been meaning to post for about two weeks now. As I blogged about in July, I received a trip to Chicago for my birthday and we went over labor day weekend. It was such a wonderful trip!! I wish I could be on vacation with Brett Wiese all the time, he is my favorite person to travel with.


I would have to say the highlights of the trip were:

- Dinner at Trattoria No. 10, it was a small Italian place that Brett had found and made reservations to. The food was great but really the best part was just spending time together and talking. It as very romantic and so much fun.

- The sunset boat cruise through the city, again this was very romantic but it was fun to learn about the different buildings in Chicago. We had fun laughing and trying to get good pics of the city.

- Seeing my all time favorite Broadway show for a steal!!! I have seen "Wicked" before but I am kinda obsessed with it (not as much as KW is but I am pretty into it). We were able to see a show for just $25 a ticket, front row center of the stage. I was able to get these tickets through a drawing that is done two hours before every show time, of course by good luck continues, we won two tickets and two hours later I was so close to the stage I could see every expression and every detail on the costumes. I was holding back tears almost the whole show because it was amazing!! I think Brett got more joy out of watching me love it than the actual musical.
-Eating so many carbs, I made myself sick. AHHH, the pizza, pasta and french toast, I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!

It was wonderful and I can't wait to take my next vacation with my boy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
How fun! Glad you had a great time in Chicago- that's such a fun city! Glad you finally updated your blog so I know what's going on in your life! he he
Keep the updates coming, I enjoy reading them!
~kara