9.20.2007

Low point

This may have been the low point of my day when I came home, kicked my shoes off, grabbed the mail and discovered this:
I have had many misspellings to my name, in fact, I was just emailing a friend about this yesterday. Pretty much every single day of my life, I get an email with my name spelled: Vicki, Vicky, Vikki, Vickie. But never DICKI!!!
No offense to my parents who gave me the great name of Vikkie but having this name as a women in her 20's is hard enough. When I talk to people on the phone and then we finally meet, they always look at me like they are shocked that I am not a 40 year old women. You just don't see to many Vikkie's my age. I must say, it has not been the easiest name to have but because it has an "e" and double "k's" I'd like to think it is special. I have never met another girl with the same spelling as mine but if I did, I am sure she would be my best friend. It has crossed my mind, if I had to change my name what would it be, any ideas?? I would love some feedback on what you maybe thought my name was before you met me.
Peace out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

DICKI!?! Come on, people! Well at least you don't have a dog's name like I do.

hannah said...

ouch. that hurts, but it does make me want to call dicki now.

vwiese said...

Hannah,
don't you dare start that! ;)

Jen Fox said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think I would have believed you if I didn't see the envelope. That is pretty bad.

kjl said...

LOL...sorry for laughing, Vikk, but that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

best...blog post...ever

kimberly said...

that might have been almost excusable if it were a typo, but the fact that somebody HANDWROTE that is a little upsetting. I mean, seriously, I can't even imagine consciously writing "Dicki" without questioning if that was seriously the name I was supposed to write. come on.

Anonymous said...

Dicki...LOL. I don't know why people sometimes spell Greg---Gregg. The extra g is just in case? I don't know, but luckily I only use one g at the end of mine. Good blog.