5.02.2008

This sh*t is Bananas

In the words of Gwen Stefani....

(Mom and Dad, Don't worry about it, I don't have a potty mouth, I am just quoting someone who had the perfect title to my blog today.)
In my house, we eat a lot of fruit and veggies but we have had a hard time keeping up with the banana supply apparently since we kept having ripe banana's left over at the end of each week. I didn't really notice how many bananas we let over ripen until I opened my freezer last week and a frozen banana fell out and cut my foot. ;) (I put ripe banana's in the freezer to make banana bread). After a frozen banana shot out of my freezer because of overflow and then cut my foot, I took it as a sign that I needed to make some bread. Here is a sneak peek:

Ahh, Banana Bread is sooooo good!!!!! Brett found this recipe online that we think is the best. Brett ate I think close to three loafs by himself last night ;)
Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i didn't know that you could freeze bananas-when i have a couple that are over ripe i just make a loaf-one loaf of banana bread is never enough
gina

clark eddy said...

i want one.

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm a freezer of bananas too and have had the same thing happen. Those suckers just fall out and are dangerous!
Please share your recipe, I really like my recipe I use but could always try another!
Thanks Vik!
~kara