11.10.2008

Sisters Weekend

Wow, what a great weekend! Not only did I find another great deal on craigslist on a buffet table for my kitchen for 60 bones but my older sister, Carrie, came into town this weekend from Seward, NE. While Brett was having a "Boy's Weekend" with his friends in Tampa, us ladies took advantage of no boys and had a little sisters weekend. I thought I would take the opportunity on my blog post today to brag about my sisters. I really have been so blessed with wonderful sisters. Yes we have had our ups and downs in the past and still can have little fights but all in all, we love each other and love spending time with one another.

My older sister, Carrie is so talented and can pretty much do any craft you can think of, she is also one of the most nurturing people I know (she offered me a back rub everyday she was here and I didn't even have to ask). Callie is my little sister and lives in my basement, hee hee, that sounds kinda funny, don't worry she has a nice set up down there. Callie works for a daycare and is wonderful with children so she is going to be such a huge help when this baby comes in Feb. and I have no clue what I am doing. Callie also has a love for raking leaves so she raked all our leaves last week just in time for the Roeland Park leave vacuum pick up (one of the biggest perks about living in Roeland P is the leave pick up I might add, don't even have to bag them).
Back to bragging, Carrie made me some kitchen curtains which look wonderful and she helped me pick out and paid for my baby bedding for the crib. There are so many options on baby bedding that you can buy but they are either really expensive or really ugly. Carrie and I found the perfect fabric for my little guys room ;) Oh, what a great Auntie!!!! Ok, it gets better, not only did she sew and give me a good back rub but she also made me these Swedish pancakes on Saturday morning that were like crepes and were soooooooooooooooooo good!!!!! I can't really remember how many I ate but I am always starving when I wake up so it was great to have some tasty carbs first thing in the morning. Carrie is not just good at sewing, cooking and taking care of people but she also cracks me up. She is such a nut and seems to know just what to do to make me about pee my pants. Oh, I almost forgot, she even took the blue tablet out of my toliet so it is bright white water again, ahh yes!!!

Thanks Carrie for a great weekend and for hanging out with me and Callie and making us laugh so much. Love you and miss you already (please move closer) ;)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this post. Vikkie, you are the best hostess!! I had such a wonderful time this weekend! You are the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen, so fit!! I can't wait to come down again for the crib bedding! I miss you already!!

Kara said...

Cute curtains and cute belly!! You are doing well Momma Vikkie! Keep growing that baby!
Gosh, you don't have long- how exciting! I can't wait to see the baby bedding!

Tish said...

i agree...carrie you're pretty much the uber perfect girl

vikk can i borrow your sisters for a weekend?!