3.05.2008

One career that is NOT in my future

I have been making a few trips to the local Johnson Country Library by my house to get some books on some vacation options for this year. Today I walked out of the library and found myself taking a breath of fresh air, it was so stuffing in there, I thought I was going to suffocate. Do any of you feel this way?? The bland colors in there and the smell of old paper.
As most of you know I am not a huge fan of reading since it requires me to sit in one spot and focus for longer than 30 minutes at a time ;) I am not ADD or anything but I don't really love things that require me to sit and do nothing for 30 minutes unless it is taking a nice Sunday nap, snuggling with Debo and Brett on a cold winter day or watching Project Runway or re-runs of Sex In The City.
Anyway, back to the point: (maybe I am ADD, yikes!) I confirmed today that I could never work in a library! All the librarians had huge thick glasses like from the 80's, they all were wearing turtlenecks with tiny flower designs on them and had little to no makeup on. Oh, it is also hard to miss that they all have the football helmet hair. In case you don't know what that is, I have found a picture for you. ( this is the only one I could find)


What in the world??? These women need to get out of there and see the world!! I would prefer just being adventurous and go do something rather than read about it all day. If they like reading about romance, then get out there and have yourself some, it is good stuff!!! Maybe the problem is they don't explore the make over or fashion isles while they are at work, I really don't know.
You know what else I don't understand? How their eyes don't pop out our of their heads reading all those reference labels, ugggg. I also don't understand how they can whisper all day, I would not consider myself and loud mouth but come on, I have to burst out into laughter or anger at three times a day. I am pretty sure I would get fired in no time if I worked at a library. It would be like I was in school all over again where I would get in trouble for talking to my friends when it was suppose to be "quite time".
Being young, I feel like I am always curious where my career will take me but I am %100 sure it will not take me to the library. Now that is a breath of fresh air ;)

No comments: