4.21.2008

mission 1/2 Marathon accomplished

I made history yesterday by running 13.1 miles all at one time. It was such a great experience that I am pretty sure I am hooked. The training was someone time consuming but I got most of it done before most people were out of bed so it really didn't take much time out of my day. The weekends were longer runs and they were a bit more challenging but over all, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was so afraid to committed to this race because I really was not sure if I could do it, man it felt good to cross that finish line and know that I had accomplished a huge goal for myself. I am not sure what is next, I am thinking about starting a list of things I really want to do and start checking them off.

Walk 20 miles a day for three days...... Check
Eat three Reese's Easter eggs in one sitting......... Check
Be in Lawrence, KS when we win a National Championship..........Check
Do a 1/2 Marathon..... Check

mmmm, any suggestions on what to do next? I am not sure about a marathon and if I did one, I would want to do it in my favorite city (NYC) I believe you have to qualify or be on a waiting list for that marathon so not sure that is in my near future. Maybe I will look into a triathlon for beginners. My friend at work told me about one might be perfect for me. Maybe I will look into it ;) If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. It could be like that game "What would you do for a dollar" and you could see what I would do. I think I ate part of a can of cat food when I was in middle school when playing this game. Yummy.

Feel free to visit my picasa page to see some pics of yesterday.
http://picasaweb.google.com/vikkiewiese/12Marathon2008

A shout out to my girl Andrea for being a great running partner and for wanting this as bad as I did. Nice work sister, I am so proud of you!!!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yep. You should totally consider doing the triathlon in August.

You might also consider doing the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco but I heard this year they are registering people through a lottery so it might be too late. You get a Tiffany finishers medal handed to you by firemen in tuxedos. :)

kjl said...

Congrats, Vikk! I'm so glad the day was a success for all--for all except that guy at the end of your pictures who appears to have spilled hot chocolate down the back of his pants. Oh my gosh...seriously...we could not stop laughing at that!!!

Michael said...

one lap around the desk is my goal right now... congrads on the run... next stop Boston... :)