4.01.2008

a cool 45 feet

Over easter weekend we went home to Sabetha to be with my family. My Dad had sent out an email a few days before the weekend to see if all of us kids might want to help clean up after the ice disaster that he had this winter. This was the first time that it was warm enough to get out and really start cleaning up the hundreds of branches and thousands of little tiny sticks. Every single tree needed to be trimmed and it was going to be a big job. Even though I love a good days of work on the farm from time to time, I was not thrilled about this request from my Dad until he mentioned that we would get to light the whole pile of limbs on fire. I was sold in a matter of micro seconds. I ADORE FIRE!!

When we got home and pulled up I saw this out of my car window: Right away, I knew this day was going to be so much fun, anything look weird to you? Can you see someone at the top of the tree?? Nice




I knew right then I would be riding up in the bucket lift at some point in the day. I would not say I am a dare devil but if I am ever given the opportunity to do something I have never done, I usually try it out. I was telling Brett if I didn't have to pay for it I would be a sky diving, bungee jumping, swim with the sharks fool (mmm, maybe not sharks). So, after picking up all the limbs, stacking all the wood my Dad had cut for fireplace wood and cleaning up all the little sticks, it was time to go up in the big bad bucket. I have to brag a little that I was the only one to get all the way to the top. My dare devil brother Matt was not home so I am sure we would have shown me up if he would have been there. I will not lie, I did scream a little once I got to the very top since it was really windy that day and I felt I was a little out of control but I did make it too the top and loved it.



I was pretty beat after all that work and going up 45 feet up in the air but still had plenty of energy to start a massive fire, it was the best bonfire ever and I didn't even need a smore (the steak dinner Dad, Angie, Carrie and Joce made was just as good ;).

It is always an adventure on the farm, some of the best times of my life are out there.
To see more pics of the weekend you can visit here.

2 comments:

Tish said...

you will always be my facial expression twin lol...excitement just isn't expressed without the big eye-ed open mouth pic lol.

i miss ya girl. i'll be in town the 30th of may...not memorial weekend. would LOVE to see ya!!!

p.s. man i miss that farm!

Andrea said...

You love fire? You love guns too. Man, I hope we don't read, hear or see about you on the news involving either of your "hobbies".

:)