4.11.2008

Proud to be a Jayhawk!

It has finally soaked in, we are the National Champs!!! Go Hawks.

For Monday's game we had planned to go to Lawrence to watch the game with some friends to see them but also so that we could be in Lawrence in case we actually won. I knew, based on how crazy Lawrence was when we went to the final four back when I was in college, that if we won, it was going to be off the hook. We last minute decided to stay in KC and watch it with some good friends which ending up being so fun (thanks Jack, Mindy and sweet bella). It was a great game from start to finish!! Just as I was putting on my coat on to go home, Mario came back with that three pointer, the rest was history!!!

After winning the game we went down the street to The Blue Moose to celebrate with other Jayhawks. As soon as "One moment in time" was over it shot back to a helicopter view of Mass. street and my heart started pumping so fast and I knew I had to get into Lawrence and be apart of that energy. I mentioned that I really wanted to be in Lawrence to Brett and he was like "oh yeah, that would have been really cool". Our other friend heard me say that I really wished we were in Lawrence and he said, "lets hit guys, lets go right now". We had both only taken like two drinks of our beers but we paid and headed to Lawrence at 11:30 pm at night. Yes, I would be tired the next day at work and yes, I knew most of these people are going to be drunk college kids but I had to see Mass. Street with my own eyes. Here is some pics of the night, it was so fun to be apart of such a wonderful celebration. Yes, there were some crazy drunk people hanging from trees and several people (guys and girls) peeing in the alley's because of lack of public restrooms at 1am. I saw this one girl by Chipotle squatted down and I though maybe she was hurt so I looked down at her and she looked up at me and said "hey, when you got to go, you got to go". I couldn't have agreed with her more, I just pulled into Lawrence at midnight. When you have to go, you have to go!!

A special shout out to Pitts for wanting to go to Lawrence as bad as I did, thanks for making the night so fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was the greatest Monday of my life.

Tish said...

i am so jealous! i saw kim's pics...for the first time in a long time i got home sick. living vicariously thru you!!!

mattksnyder said...

I am so jealous of you and Brett. It actually made me wish I was living back in Kansas.

vwiese said...

Matt, don't kid yourself, you always wished you lived in Kansas again. To be close to us if anything ;)

Anonymous said...

love your blog--since you didn't tell me about it i had to find it on my own
gina frazee