5.25.2010

Growing up on the farm

I can't say that growing up on the farm was super tough. I mean, I had my share of walking beans & Milo, cleaning out pig sheds, picking & snapping beans from the garden, hanging several hundreds of loads of laundry on the line, doing dishes with no dishwasher for 7-10 people per meal twice a day, etc. Yet, can't say I ever had it this bad:

I am pretty sure this kind of treatment on the farm has been going on for years since I found this picture of my brother Abram doing almost the same thing but from a tree. Grandpa Strahm gets some thrill out of doing this to his little guys, not sure why.


You gotta love these pictures!!!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I do love these pics! I could just stare at that one of Hutch for hours!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love this! Katy

Leslie Scoby said...

When I looked at that picture it reminded me of a time many years ago when your dad hung Matt - or Abram up like that on a tree in our front yard. Then I saw that picture- and I think that is it. Can it be? It looks like our old house in the background. Funny!! We had a hook in the tree for the volleyball net and it was "just right" for "kid hangin'"

Grandpa Craig said...

Yes Leslie, that`s Abram hangin' in a cedar tree in your front yard years ago. As to why I like to hang my boys in trees and on posts, I can only reply as Jim Wetzel would, "I just don`t know, I just don`t know". Perhaps I should see a counselor for this!! Don`t it make a cute picture, though!!!!

anna said...

I tell you nice shops selling air force one shoes, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.five finger shoes,which are cute shoes you first time see them. you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.Maybe you should try to pick these. ugg clearance, It is time to have a look at them,These are nice for you.Pick jordan basketball shoes,if you are Jordan fans.cheap uggs clearance,If you like them just pay a visit on them. I dont know why but I just Love Those Things,So how do you think about it?cheap ugg boots,ugg women,just choose.Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guysI mean I am serious for this,I dont fool you now.These are nice for you...Jordan Fusions.