7.11.2007

One year older

So this morning I woke up and realized I was 26 years of age!!! Wow, I really can't believe I am closer to 30 than 20. It seems like just yesterday that I turned 21 years old. Well, I don't really remember it all that well as all my "friends" wanted to buy me a drink. ;) Most of you know I don't drink too often (I prefer to eat my calories) and I really didn't drink before I was 21 so I was kinda a light weight to say the least.

When I was 21 I thought I would be so far in life by the time I was 26 years old. I thought I would have two kids by now, driving a mini van and maybe 50 pounds heavier ;) Just kidding, but I did think I would be making more money and purhaps be some of those things in the last sentence. Turns out, being 26 is not so bad as I get to hang out with my best friend Brett all the time and don't have any screaming babies just yet,.I drive a pimping Nissian Altima and I just just dropped a couple pant sizes so I am loving life ;) I thought about being kinda down about turning 26 but I really couldn't see why. I mean, I think I am feeling better about life this year than I did last year. I have great friends and family who love me so much, I have a great spouse who I think is stinking hot, I still have a job, I have the cutest beagle known to man kind and my house is like 900 square feet but I love it and it is my home. Life is good ;) I truly feel so blessed for everything that I have, event the rough times I am thankful for.

Thank you all for your birthday emails, phone calls and even flowers. I love you all!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the downhill side of your 20's - it's really not so bad. happy birfday!

hannah said...

yay vikkie! if you need a screaming kid fix, you know where to go. happy birthday sister!

Chantel Hull said...

I was there for your 21st!!! I remember it all going down.. .didn't you have to apologize to Brett? This is Chantel, btw.