7.11.2008

7-11: B-day

Today I am 27 years of age, how does it feel you ask? Not to much different than 26. I am normally really high maintenance about my birthday but this year, I almost forgot about it this year. I think a mixture of moving into the new digs and just being busy with work, I really just forgot it. I really have no clue what Brett got me this year, I kinda hope he does not use the excuse that the house was my birthday gift, I don't think he will. Brett might be the best gift giver I know so I am really looking forward to it ;)

Really my only request this year has been this:

yes, it is an apricot pie. Not many people know about the apricot pie but it is yummy!! I was not feeling cake this year, the problem is that my grandma strahm makes the best one so it is hard to live up to it so I may just settle for a cherry pie from The Upper Crust (best pies in KC if you ask me).
Besides "doing some pie" (this is what my Dad says when he means, eating pie) I think just relaxing this weekend is my request. We have kinda been so busy with house stuff that I have not had a chance to really take a good nap with my beagle or cook a nice meal in the new home so maybe I will try to do that.
Anyway, I will have to update you on monday on how the birthday weekend went!
Thanks all for your birthday wishes and cards so far. I do love all the attention ;) hee hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday
i always think about you because andrews is on the same day!!
hope you have a great day
gina