7.07.2008

What a great weekend full of friends, sunshine, fireworks, great summer food and relaxing. Brett and I headed to our friends farm house near Wichita on Friday to celebrate July 4th weekend (one of my favorite holidays next to Easter).

Top 5 things I loved about this trip:

- The summer food: I adore watermelon, chips, brats, pasta salad, puppy chow, and seven layer dip! Oh Baby, bring it on!!

- The small town feel: I love how simple life seems to be out in the country near a small town. I loved that at the local fireworks show on Friday night, all the kids were lighting fireworks (some dangerous ones) off up until the show started. You don't see that in KC.

- Watching my dog in Heaven: I often feel bad that Debo does not go out to my Dad's farm more often, he loves to get into all kinds of trouble. Debo has been sleeping non-stop since we got home.

- Spending time with friends: It is always great to spend time with friends and meet new friends. Laughing with friends around the table has to be one of my favorite things.

- Summer Sun: I love being by the pool and reading some trash magazines and sipping on some cold ice tea with lemon. The smell of sunscreen is the best and becoming a bronze beauty is not so bad either.

Check out the pictures of our trip on my slide show to the left!!

Special thanks: Jack and Mindy, thanks so much for having us out, can't wait to go back!!!

No comments: