7.22.2008

Girls Weekend in Nebraska

This past weekend my sister (Callie) and my mom and I traveled to Seward, Nebraska to visit my older sister Carrie. Carrie has lived here for a couple years and I had never visited so it was high time we took a road trip.
It was great to get out of the city and see all the tall green corn and just enjoy the small town feel. I love KC and where we live but it is nice to not lock your car, be able to see the full moon and stars and just be around good ole' small town folks.

We got there friday night and Carrie made a a great meal, Carrie is a wonderful cook so it was pretty stinking exciting. Oh, I also had to do a little fashion show, these boots were really comfortable, I may have to invest in some. Carrie married a cowboy so they house is cowboy theme, I could not help myself when I saw all the dress up fun I could have.

Saturday we went to the cutest little cafe for breakfast and the food was wonderful. It was so fun to observe locals reading the paper and chatting with everyone since they pretty much knew everyone. We then went to Lincoln (just 2o minutes away) to shop around and hang out. I have to say I think I liked Seward more than I liked Lincoln, it kinda seemed a little deserted, maybe because the college kids are gone for the summer, not sure. We did go to this cool antquie mall and I got a globe and could have gotten a lot more. We only got through half of this store because it had so much stuff, I shall return. After a stop at DQ for a star we headed back home to rest for a bit and get ready to go to a rodeo that Jeremy (Carrie's husband) was team roping in that night.

The rodeo was pretty fun and it was great to see Jeremy in action, he did such a great job!!! I would have to say the bad part about the rodeo was when one of the horses has a heart attack and died right there on the spot. As some of you know, I am not even a fan of horses but I had to hold back tears. I could not believe this horse was just going to die right there on the spot. Carrie said it was pretty rare that something like that would happen but it was really sad. On a different note, I was entertained by an activity they do for the kids at this rodeo which is to ride on lambs. At first I didn't think there was any harm in this but when I saw the first kid coming out on this lamb that was about to run into a fence I had to cover my eyes. Kids were falling off these things and were inches from being trapled by a lamb, I am still considering calling social services and complainning about this activity. :) It looked pretty dangerous for a 4 year old to be doing, I can see a 8 year old being ok but there were some kids doing this that looked like they could still be in diapers. Anyway, stupid activiy but entertaining non the less.
Sunday we just went to church and lunch with Carrie and Jeremy and headed home. It was a great trip to be with the girls and Jeremy of course ;) You can check out more pics of our trip on my slide show to the left ;)

A shout out: Carrie and Jeremy, thanks again for having us in your home and taking such great care of us. You did a great job of treating us and making us feel welcome. Love you both!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss you already. Y'all come back soon now ya hear!! No dead horses next time I promise!!