9.20.2006

Farewall Huxtables



It was a sad day over my lunch hour yesterday. You see, every single day for the last year I come home and watch two episodes of the one and only, Cosby Show. That is right, one full hour of laughter and sometimes tears, everyday for a whole stinking year! I come home over lunch, grab some lunch, sit down and turn it to channel 29 and prepare myself to be completely entertained.

Yesterday, I did my daily routine only to find out that Blind Date was on instead of the my favorite show. Did I come home an hour late? Did I miss it? Was I on the wrong channel? I panicked!!!! What the H E double L is that about!!!! I didn’t even know what to do with myself. What am I suppose to do on my lunch hour?? Please someone tell me. Yes, I can talk to Brett for a while, watch Debo play and maybe do a load of laundry but I miss the Huxtable family!!!
It was a sad day over my lunch hour yesterday. You see, every single day for the last year I come home and watch two episodes of the one and only, Cosby Show. That is right, one full hour of laughter and sometimes tears, everyday for a whole stinking year! I come home over lunch, grab some lunch, sit down and turn it to channel 29 and prepare myself to be completely entertained.

Dear,
Dr. Huxtable (Cliff), Clair, Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, Rudy,

I miss you more than you will ever know, I know I should just get cable so I can watch you on Nick at Nite but I just can’t swing it right now. Thank you for over 200 hours of pure entertainment over the last year for free. You guys are the best!!!
Cliff and Clair, thank you for being the coolest parents and setting such a great example for me. Sondra and Denise, you are not around much but I will miss you. To Theo, Vanessa and dear Rudy, you guys are my favorite. You continue to make me giggle and smile everyday. Thank you for being the best kids ever, I do hope to get all your episodes on DVD so that my kids can watch you for as long as I did.
I have been a Cosby show lover since I was a small child and I will never forget all the memories. Please come back to non cable TV.

Your biggest fan,
Vikkie

P.S. If you would like to give a donation to the “Get all the season’s of the Cosby show on DVD Fund” please send a comment ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

VIKKIE!!!! What??? I too have gotten in the habit of going home over lunch to watch the Cosby show. I am so sad to hear the news...blind date aka crap TV? That is a lame replacement for the one and only Cosby Show. I too will miss the family. However, my favorite was to get in one episode of teh Cosby Show and then one of A Different World...come on...Denise goes off to college...who doesn't love that?

I am going home for lunch and it truly won't be the same. What a bummer!!

Katy

Anonymous said...

Vikkie,
I am so sorry for your loss, but you will always have the memories and hopefully the Cosby DVD collections. I would happy to throw down a dollar for that cause, but I will need a receipt come tax time. I would like to share my favorite Cosby memories:
(1) when Denise made Theo that shirt for the dance.
(2) When Vanessa snuck out to see The Wretched!

Lindsay (your newest blog fan)

Andrea said...

Vikk-
I'm with ya babe! The Huxtables are the best!! Not only are they the funniest, but they are the best role models for all families. Just goes to show how society is going down the toilet! My sister and I have always loved the show and have so many memories from our childhood b/c of it! In fact I am such a huge fan that I already own season one!! I bought it the day it came out last year!! You are welcome to borrow it anytime, seriously, I've already watched them all again!
I too will share my two favorite episodes:
1) When Cliff took Rudy to dance class and challeged the teacher to tap. They kept egging each other on and yelling "Chall-ange" (I know that's misspelled, but thats how they said it!)
2) When a famous jazz singer came to visit and Oliva performed for her. She was stinking hilarious!!
Great Blog!!

Anonymous said...

i'm with you too vikk...i'm going to miss ruuuuuddddeeeee! theoooooo! vanessa!

i guess i'll console myself by going out and getting some jell-oooooo puuuudinnnnggg pops.

vwiese said...

Ok, I love all the comments I am getting today, I guess I was just blogging about boring stuff and that is why noone ever comments ;)
I loved to read all of these guys, thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite episodes is when Theo is doing bad in math and hates his math teacher, so Cliff invites her over for dinner and she takes down her hair, out of the teacher bun, and Theo totally freaks out.

I love the grandparents too...lets not forget them!

Anonymous said...

Rooooooodeeeeeee!
Theeeeeeeyoooooo!
BABAAAAAAY!

I think it was the lipsync performances on the stairs that got me the most.
BABAAAAAAAY!

I also remember when Dr. Huxtable was introducing Rudy's quartet to just Mrs. Huxtable. He stood up in front of them and yelled, "Lady..."

Puddina Pyops!